This post is sponsored by Barlean's. In exchange for writing this post, I received compensation and the products mentioned below. As always, all content and opinions are my own.
I have always been a snacker: when I was in elementary school, my chocolate chip granola bar was the highlight of my day. As an adult, I bring little cups of homemade chia pudding to work for a mid-morning snack and enjoy cottage cheese or edamame as an afternoon pick-me-up. Lately, I've been snacking even more than usual--since I'm training for a 10-mile race, I need to fuel up for my evening run before I leave the office. But I can only eat so many protein bars, so I was excited to accept Barlean's challenge to fill a LunchBots Trio 1 with healthy snacks featuring Barlean's Flax Oil, Barlean's Culinary Coconut Oil, and Barlean's Energy Blend.
- Barlean's Flax Oil is a vegetarian source of Omega-3 fatty acids and has a mild, slightly nutty flavor. You can use flax oil in salad dressings and dips, add it to smoothies, and drizzle it over cooked meats and vegetables (just don't heat up the oil by cooking or baking with it).
- Barlean's Culinary Coconut Oil has all the benefits of their virgin coconut oil (it's free of trans fats and vegan) but the culinary version is completely flavorless. This makes it an excellent option for recipes where you want a neutral-tasting oil. Coconut oil can be used for medium-heat sautéing, stir-frying and baking. It's a great vegan substitute for butter, and I love it drizzled over popcorn.
- Barlean's Energy Blend combines ground flax seed, unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds, and panax ginseng for an Omega-3, fiber, and antioxidant-rich blend. I like to stir it into my oatmeal, and you can also add it to smoothies, sprinkle it over yogurt, and mix it into baked goods.
- The LunchBots Trio 1 is made of lightweight stainless steel and is dishwasher-safe. It has a 2.5 cup capacity divided into 3 sections, perfect for transporting dry snack foods.
Would you like to fill a LunchBots container with healthy Barlean's snacks? I'm giving away one Barlean's product (your choice of the Flax Oil, Culinary Coconut Oil, or Energy Blend) and a LunchBots Trio 1 to a randomly selected reader--enter the Rafflecopter giveaway at the end of this post by midnight on September 24, 2017 (U.S. residents only).
What kinds of snacks did I make with Barlean's products to fill my LunchBots container?
Hummus with Flax Oil and Garlic: In a food processor, combine a 15-ounce can of drained and rinsed chickpeas, 1/4 cup Barlean's Flax Oil, 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 cloves chopped garlic. Process until smooth. Recipe yields about 1 1/3 cup hummus (adapted from the Betty Crocker Cookbook).
Peanut Butter Oat Energy Bites: Combine 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1 tablespoon Barlean's Culinary Coconut Oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 10-second intervals until melted. Add 1 cup rolled oats and 1/4 cup Barlean's Energy Blend and stir until well-combined. Roll mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper or a silicon baking mat. Chill in the freezer until set, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate energy bites in an airtight container. Recipe yields about 15 energy bites.
Other healthy snacks to pack in a LunchBots container:
- Fresh vegetables like carrot sticks, snap peas, mini bell peppers, radishes, and cherry tomatoes
- Fresh fruits like cherries, grapes, apple slices, mandarin oranges, and berries
- Whole wheat crackers, pita chips, and pretzels
- Roasted chickpeas
- Granola or protein bars
If you enjoyed this post, pin it!