After 21 years in northern Minnesota, I reluctantly relocated to the Twin Cities in 2009. Yes, there were better employment opportunities, but there was also rush hour traffic, hotter summers, and I couldn’t figure out how to get anywhere. Since then, my sense of direction has improved, although I still don’t like extremely hot weather or rush hour. But I have fallen in love with everything that the Twin Cities metro has to offer (especially the ice cream).
- My favorite things about downtown Minneapolis
- Twin Cities Restaurants to Satisfy Vegetarians and Meat Lovers
- Favorite Twin Cities Coffee and Tea Shops
- The Midtown Global Market–my favorite place to eat and shop in the Twin Cities. And since it’s indoors, you can visit all year long.
Twin Cities Bucket List:
- Walk across the Stone Arch Bridge Completed on May 31, 2013
- Have an ice cream cone at Conny’s Creamy Cone Completed on July 5, 2014
- Visit the American Swedish Institute (Minnesota’s only castle) Completed on December 13, 2013
- Eat at Basil’s Restaurant in the IDS Center Completed on September 27, 2013
- Watch a movie at the Riverview Theater Completed on February 15, 2014
- Go to Winter Carnival
- Shop at the Midtown Global Market Completed on March 9, 2013
- Win a ribbon at the Minnesota State Fair
- Eat something from a food truck Completed on July 2, 2014